Hiking vs. Pimples

Most individual when they reached puberty stage, a lot of changes happen in our body. Those changes may give a good or bad effect to us, agree? But in my case, it was a bad effect A day after my 21st birthday celebration in 2010, a nightmare appeared on my face –> pimple. Akala ko nung una, okay lang, kasi isa lang naman, pero habang tumatagal, lumalaki pa sya nang lumalaki, tumitigas at namumula-mula pa (wag green minded.) At nang tumagal pa, dumarami pa sila hanggang halos matabunan na ang left and right nang mukha ko. Yucky talaga, please see the photo on the right.

Pimples are kind of comedo and one of the many results of excess oil getting trapped in the pores on the skin. They are also small pustules and papules, skin lesions, and inflammations of the skin. Nosebleed no? Feeling ko naman alam nyo kung anu yang tinutukoy ko no? Sinubukan ko lahat including diet and hygiene, but it was not working.

Sabi nang isa sa mga naging dermatologists ko, the reasons why pimples develop on skin are: Stress, anxiety, depression, hormonal changes, too much extraction of sebum by the sebaceous glands, sun exposure, poor hygiene, clogging up of the pores (trapped oil, pollution, dust, dirt, make-up and other cosmetic products) unhealthy lifestyle, and heredity. Sabi pa nya nasa severe stage na raw ang mga pimples ko, kaya kailangan nang i-treat. Syempre mayaman lola nyo, kaya ayun sige lang nang sige sa mga derma-procedures na talagang madugo at kung anu-anong mga reseta ang pinagbibili ko sa kanya, ma-stop lang ang problema ko. It’s been two months when I noticed na parang walang nangyayari, parang gumagastos lang ako sa wala. So I stopped it, then sabi ng friend ko, try kalamansi juice, kahit alam kong masama ito dahil it’s a form of acid, sinubukan ko parin and hoping na gumana, pero wala paring nangyari.

Naghanap nanaman ako ng bagong derma na maaaring makatulong sakin, pero this time medyo mas madugo; dahil nga severe stage na, binigyan nya akong Benzoyl Peroxide, isoTretinoin and other anti-acne creams. When those regimens did not work, I tried laser and light therapy. Medyo nabawasan sila ng kaunti, then I underwent to Chemical peels and microdermabrasion to remove the marks. Noong una okay pa, pero nung tumagal na since irregular na akong magpa-derma dahil medyo kulang na sa budget, bumalik yung mga pimples ko, at the same stage.

Two years din akong naghirap at nasa proseso ng Science to stop my pimples, but when I was introduced to hiking, I was hesitant because I was afraid that my pimples might get worst because of the sun exposure and bacteria. But because I love nature, I tried it! It was summer, and I was sweating the entire hike. I even noticed that I lost few pounds during my first hike. I thought sweating might bring a bad impact to my pimples, but there’s none. I tried searching some remedies online, and I found out that sweating is good to pimples, as it brings out the trapped oils, pollution, dust, dirt, make-up and other pollutants that cause pimple breakouts. I also learned that, since I am enjoying being with the nature, there’s no time for stress, anxiety and depression which are also considered as causes of pimple. Diba? Check the photo above, I am wearing blue, that's my latest pic. Ilang taon akong nag-antay tapos hiking lang pala ang kailangan to stop my problem. HIKING - It’s really More Fun in the Philippines! Ikaw may pimple kaba?? Bakit hindi ka mag-hike.

Popular Posts