BIR Changing RDO

February 24, 2014 – I processed my employment documents that include Pag-Ibig or HDMF and my tax updates (RDO and Tax Exemp.) I am working for more than five years now and it was my first time to process these documents and it wasn’t a good experience, so I want to share it with you.  Since I previously worked in a BPO located near SM Mega Mall, Mandaluyong City  with RDO: 041, I proceeded to BIR Office in Boni, to have my BIR Form 1905 Stamped. But, upon submitting it to the clerk, he informed me that my record was already with RDO: 43A in Shaw (near SSS and Pag-Ibig.) and I wasn’t informed about it. So I took MRT from Boni to MRT Shaw, then along Shaw boulevard, I took a jeep with “Pasig, Palengke” signage. Get off in front of Pag-Ibig Bldg. (second Stop Light.) Proceeded to the other side of the highway, where BIR is located. Got queue number from the guard and waited for my turn.

When I got my turn, I submitted BIR Form 1905 to the clerk then he put a stamp on it. And he told me that the form 2305 needs to be submitted on the new RDO (43B.) So after processing 1905, to save time and effort, I went to Pag-Ibig (HDMF) and processed my load consolidation. After HDMF, I took a jeep, just in front of their building, with “Pasig Palengke” signage and proceeded to BIR Kapitolyo (43B) for my 2305. Got queue number and waited for my turn. To make it short, I was sitting there for two hours, so it was really not a short one. When I got my turn, I proceeded to the counter for the stamp, but sadly to hear that “I need to go back after 3-4 working days.” So after two hours of waiting and I am just going to hear that from the clerk. The clerk from BIR Shaw should have informed me that it's within that period. Not happy about it!

TO THE BIR:
I do suggest to please place an employee (with data record) that will ONLY focus on regular inquiry, RDO verification and single transaction update. Guards can only accommodate inquiries about forms, and then they will refer you to wait for your turn with the clerk. Remember, majority these individuals who are trying to process their forms also have their own tasks to do for that single day, so instead of waiting for few hours for just an inquiry, they can still do some other things. And also, I noticed that a lot of employers today are lazy processing these forms for their employees (especially Call Centers.) It's a mandatory requirement that new hired employees to have their forms stamped before submitting it to them, like my employer today.

Popular Posts