Earn Extra, Click HERE:

Negros Solo-Backpacking | Day 3

Backpacking in Ilo-Ilo
Early 6AM, I felt the wind blowing the curtain in my room.  The air that came in was warmer and when I opened my eyes, I easily recognized the sunlight that was hiding in some part of the curtain.  First thing I did was; I deeply inhaled the fresh air and thanked God for that wonderful day.  Stood up, turned on the tV, took my laptop, opened my email and updated my facebook. 

When I felt bore, I washed my face at the common wash area, then proceeded to the cafeteria and took my breakfast. While at the cafeteria and was waiting for my order, I downloaded travel related applications in my phone.  Breakfast: 75 pesos.  After breakfast, I took a bath and prepared my stuff in my backpack. Then, watched a koreanovela “My Daughter Seoyoung,” which airs in the morning in Negros cable, unlike Manila which airs every 5PM. After that tv show, I left the hotel and proceeded to Molo Church.

In front of Ong Bun Pension, I took a jeep going to Molo Church (photo above.) Molo Church Information: This church was built using nipa provided by Fr. Jose Ma. Sichon in 1863.  According to the records, this church was visited by the National Hero, Jose Rizal to look for the Biblically inspired artwork. It was used by the civilians as their home during the World War II.   In front of this church is the plaza which serves as the ground of many residents. More photos and information of this church, click here: Molo Church.

San Jose church
The sun shine was really hot that time, so I left that church early. In front of the plaza, I rode a jeepney with Timawa signboard going to the City Hall.  I get off the jeep along the highway near the city hall, so I walked beside it.  When I saw a plaza in front of it, I proceeded there first and I saw an amazing church (look at the photo above.) Info about San Jose Church: This church is the first church in the city of IloIlo which was built by the Jesuits around 1607.  But, on April 29, 1617, the Augustinians established San jose, a house of the order. It was saved from being bombed by the Americans during World War II.  As the years goes by, some renovations were made.

Ocean Jet
After that short break at the plaza, I finally proceeded to the port area which is at the back part of the city hall. Bought a ferry ticket at Ocean Jet office then paid the terminal ticket fee.  Travel period was an hour and a half.  I took a nap while on the way.
After getting off the ferry, I proceeded to the arrival area then took a pedicab going to SM for 20 pesos.  Then, walked in the mall while searching for any resto for my lunch.  I found nothing but fast food, so I went out the mall then proceeded to the public plaza and took my lunch in the cafeteria nearby.

I was still feeling something weird in my stomach but I didn’t care about it.  I asked the guard if where can I rode a jeep going to Negros Museum, and he responded well.  I rode a jeep with Mandalagan signboard going to Negros Museum. Museum Entrance Fee: 50 pesos. I stayed in the museum for more than an hour and the staff were great.  I met new friends there.  Before I left the museum, I asked the receptionist if where and what am I going to take to visit The Ruins and I got the right answer. More photos and information of the museum, click here: Negros Museum.

I walked few meters going to street near the Capitol, and then I rode a jeepney with Bata signboard going to PEPSI.  The driver doesn’t know the place of the world famous The Ruins but thanks to some students and the old lady who instructed me well.  She’s the one who informed the driver about it.  I alighted at PEPSI, and then took a tricycle going to The Ruins.  Since we're passing a private subdivision, I was the one who paid the Entrance Fee which was 10 pesos. Tricycle to The Ruins: 50 pesos, Entrance: 60 pesos. More info here: The RUINS

I stayed there for an hour and waiting for the sun set, but that plan wasn't successful. Although, I took a lot gorgeous photos of the famous The Ruins. After The Ruins, I took a tricycle going back to PEPSI on the high way. Then, crossed the highway and walked going to BATA North Terminal. At the terminal, I rode a van going to the Airport in Silay.

I finally visited some parts of Negros; Silay City, Talisay City, Bacolod City and Ilo-Ilo City within 3 days.  It was definitely a SUCCESS, given the fact that I wasn't prepared for this journey. See you on my next backpacking and hiking activities.

Follow me on Pinterest